Maybe you already know how you would define your glow, your spark(le), the thing that makes you – YOU. And while this post is especially intended for those of you that don’t know (yet) what I am talking about it can also be an important guide for those who are familiar with the concept.
How do you define your glow?
Glow is not something defined by the books it is whatever you want it to be – whoever you want to be. We define our glow on our own terms because it is what defines us. We at GlowNows© like to define it as following ‘Your Glow is the unseen aspect of you that ultimately makes you happy and gives you a sense of unshakeable power and trust while being at total peace.’ There are a million things that can create this feeling for you so we made a little list with ideas of what it could be:
- Your Soul (The untouchable holy aspect of your being)
- An Emotional State (maybe it is simply your natural state of being)
- Recovering from traumatic events, life phases or structures.
- Overcoming outdated habits and routines and creating a healthy, new lifestyle.
- Leaving the ‘fake’ version of you behind to be authentically you.
We bet there are many more things you can think of. Fact is that it is what you believe it to be and you don’t need to stick with one since they are all intertwined. You can, for example, be tired of the way you experience life and therefore you decide to leave old habits behind, work on your traumas and thus create a new feeling of being which then results in you being more authentic and in contact with your soul. You see there are many roads to your goal and thus to your glow.
Where do you start?
To reach your glow it is unavoidable to grow which just naturally takes place every time we learn. Thus the best way to start out this journey of finding your glow or reaching your glow (however you decided to define it) is to learn. There are infinite ways to expand your horizon of knowledge. Below we listed a few simple things you can do to get started:
- Read Books: This might be obvious, but it truely can be transformative. You get to choose in what aereas of life you want to grow your mindset and in what speed you want to progress while having the possibility of doing it on your own or finding reading companions (for example on Goodreads). The following books are our recommendations: ‘The Power of the Heart’ by Baptist de Pape, ‘Big Magic: How to Live a Creative Life, and Let Go of Your Fear’ by Elizabeth Gilbert and ‘The Why Cafe’ by John P. Strelecky.
- Try out a new hobby: This can be something simple like taking a 20 minute walk every day, baking once a week or something totally different like taking dancing lessons. By trying new things we can discover talents we didn’t know we had, find joy in things we didn’t know existed, realise what we dislike or where we still hold space for growth. Little tip don’t take yourself to seriously, but rather find the fun in it.
- Watch a documentary or video: of something you would love to do in life. Maybe you always wanted to travel to Africa or become a Minimalist. This gives you the ability to hear from someone that already experienced it and you can already learn from the things they wished they would have done differently. Motivational Videos are our personal favourite.
- Exchange your knowledge and questions: with like minded people, but make sure they are not too like minded so there is still space for growth and exchange of different perspectives and opinions.
- And last but devinetly not leaste GO OUT INTO THE WORLD and EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOURSELF. The actual experience itself teaches the most enriching lessons one can learn and integrates them deeply into the system. Use all of your senses to experince all the lessons waiting for you and don’t be afraid to fail for that is where the most amazing growth takes place.
What is when my definition of Glow changes?
Don’t worry this is a natural evolution that we can promise you will happen after time. This ‘change of perception’ is actually evidence that you have learned and grown and this is something you should be happy about and proud of. You will also find that only some people can comprehend what you are working on or where you are going, but don’t worry about that because they just define their glow differently. It is not your job to convince them, but rather to simply live your dream life and glow. Some may be inspired by the radiance you give off when living in your natural state of being.
Dare to be ‘Different & Shine’
The main conclusion we want you to take from this post is that when you dare to be who you truly are and follow your heart’s dreams you will ultimately glow and inspire people to do likewise. It is by doing that we learn best and every evolution needs time, but most importantly your unrestricted trust and input which you ‘achieve’ best through being in your natural state of being.
“Don’t let the expectations and opinions of other people affect your decisions. It’s your life, not theirs. Do what matters most to you; do what makes you feel alive and happy. Don’t let the expectations and ideas of others limit who you are. If you let others tell you who you are, you are living their reality — not yours. There is more to life than pleasing people. There is much more to life than following others’ prescribed path. There is so much more to life than what you experience right now. You need to decide who you are for yourself. Become a whole being. Adventure.”Roy T. Bennett